Learn More. Contact Us.
- Read about our program online. Learn about the team or check out our FAQ section.
- Call 859-331-2040 and request a packet of information be sent to you. We encourage you to ask any questions you may have about becoming a foster parent.
- Complete this form telling us a little more about yourself.
- Attend an informational meeting. The complete schedule lists all dates, times, and locations around Northern Kentucky. The meetings last an hour. After a brief presentation, our team will answer your questions about our programs and services.
Attend Training Series
- We offer five series of preparation classes each year. Each series is three hours, once each week for ten weeks. Weekday and weekend series are available to fit your schedule. The classes are informal and encourage class participation.
- During the series, much of the paperwork is reviewed in class. We walk you through every step of completing your profiles, background checks, medical forms and signed releases.
- Next, a case manager will be assigned to your family to set up the first of two home visits. They will schedule individualized meetings and interviews for a closer review of your entire family makeup and history. These meetings are essential, and will be summarized in your home study report. The home visits are another opportunity to ask more personal questions, and to decide what service you want to offer.
- Upon finalizing your training, paperwork, and home study, your case will be reviewed by a supervisory committee. Once approved, a contract and approval letter will be issued.
- Congratulations! Soon, your family will be considered for potential placement of a child. You and a child are about to begin a journey you will never forget and always cherish.
Learn More About Foster Care
Frequently Asked Questions