Direct Child Care Staff
DCCH Center for Children and Families is seeking Therapeutic Behavioral Specialists for full time positions in our Residential Treatment program Tuesdays-Fridays, 3-11 PM; Saturdays, 7 AM - 3 PM OR 3 PM - 11 PM (your choice).
The primary responsibility of this position is the therapeutic supervision of children with emotional and/ or behavioral difficulties. The children at DCCH have experienced trauma, and it takes a special person who can help them heal and find hope in a brighter future. This position requires:
- Assist/monitor/teach children with preparation of daytime activities, good personal hygiene and behavior appropriate in their home and apartment environment. Supervise, plan discipline, reward, and manage a group of children. Staff is expected to follow through on treatment team interventions and staffing recommendations consistently. Staff behavior and interaction with children shall be directed towards the attainment of goals set forth within the child’s treatment plan.
- Handle emergency situations appropriately (According to Safe Crisis Management standards)
- Assist TBS Supervisor in the responsibility for assigning the daily routine for children, (i.e., meals, rising, school attendance, home visits, special activities, medical care, etc.). Assist treatment team in the development of goals on child’s treatment plan.
- Accept responsibility for physical care and maintenance of the apartments occupied by their children or group. Perform specific cleaning responsibilities as outlined by TBS supervisor.
- Assume responsibility for keeping clothing and other items needed for the children in good order. Communicate immediate needs to appropriate persons.
- Participate in all admission staffing’s, quarterly staffings, treatment team meetings, and discharge procedures related to the children. Attend treatment team meeting on a weekly basis.
- Follow all necessary protocols and complete a critical incident (CI) report immediately. Perform daily record keeping (goals sheets, behavior plans, CRP behavior tally sheet, contact log, medication log, and other specialized reports). Exchange information with the next shift and/or with treatment team.
- Provide transportation for the children when necessary.
- Assist/monitor/teach children engaging in daily chores.
- Follow DCCH Medication procedures when preparing and administrating children’s medications.
- Provide opportunities for children to have choices, make decisions in daily living and their future goals by assisting them in day-to-day decisions.
- Assist children in building their self-esteem.
Candidates must be compassionate and have strong relationship building skills to support our Trauma Informed approach. Positions include a full benefit package, tuition reimbursement and optional pension plan.